Monday, March 30, 2020

Paths

Because of the recent viral outbreak I haven't been able to do any kind of hiking. All of the trails nearest me have been closed down either because of lack of workers to keep the trails clean, or because the lack of social distancing has become a problem. This means my main way of walking and getting any kind of exercise is walking the sidewalks in the neighborhood.

When I retired last May, a very dear friend of mine gave me a retirement T-shirt with a message on it. For those of you who know me well, this T-shirt pretty much sums up my approach to life in general. On the shirt is a large bootprint and in the tread of the boot is the saying, "Of all the paths you take in Life, Make sure a few of them are dirt." 

Sidewalks are not dirt, but today I was able to take the message to heart by walking this exercise path in the park north of my house. I walked five laps and it made all the difference in the world today.

No comments:

Post a Comment