Wednesday, August 16, 2023

The Week that Was

The photo is from my daughter's wedding when both of my parents were in their early 80s at the time, but it pretty much sums up the happiness of this past week. My mom turned 90 last week. That in amongst itself is an accomplishment, but it wasn't the only thing that happened in our family this past week. My parents also celebrated their 67th wedding anniversary. And if that weren't enough, my middle child and his partner both celebrated birthdays too.

I've also been meaning to write this for a couple of days, but to top the week off, I had an urology appointment and got a good report back from my urologist.  Everything looks very clean at this time. I will still be undergoing immunotherapy treatments as a preventative. Those will start back up on the 28th of this month for three weeks. I'll then get some time off and repeat the process for awhile. Overall, it looks very good and I'm very thankful for my urologist and all of the nurses who've I've interacted with over the last 8 months.

I don't think I'm going to be using that Rough Roads photo that I've been using for health updates anymore. I can't say I'm totally out of the woods as I think it's always in the back of anyone's mind who has gone through cancer treatment that there's always a possibility of it recurring, but my doctor was very confident and so am I. And as always, thank you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. They have helped me through this stage of my life. 

12 comments:

  1. Best news report ever! - Notable

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia (catsaway9)August 16, 2023 at 6:38 PM

    What a wonderful update! Congrats to all the anniversaries and birthdays, and especially the great health news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries and good health news. Thank you for this update post, Paul. Does this forever-friend’s heart good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this update. Great Photo Paul. I am so happy it has gone so well for you and you can be out in Nature and (taking it easy) but hiking again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Disclaimer, I didn't take that photo. The Photographer of my daughter's wedding took it, but we have the rights to use it.

      Delete
  5. This is great news. Your attitude of gratitude and positivity is so admirable. Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news Paul. A good week for you and your family

    ReplyDelete