Monday, August 7, 2023

Car 54, Where Are You?

I would have missed this it were it not for a plastic American flag I found lying on the ground just up the road on the right hand side of the shot. My wife and I were out on our after dinner walk when I spotted the flag on the ground, so I picked up the flag and took it to the community center which is behind me in this shot. There's a mailbox there designated for used flags to be discarded. I believe either the local Boy Scout troop or the American Legion picks up the flags and destroys them correctly.

Anyway, this old Buick was painted up like an old school Highway Patrol unit. I guess it proves that you also don't have to wander very far sometimes to see something very cool. I've always said that if someone were to give me a classic car of my choice, I'd probably choose an Edsel, but I think this one would probably rank right up there in the top five or so.

So I'm curious. What would your classic car be if you could have someone just give you anything?

6 comments:

  1. 1963 or 1964 Chevy Nova

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike would like a 1958 Impala and I (Karen) would choose a 1956 four door Chevy. That is because those models were our first cars. Too bad we sold them. We did not know back then that they would become classics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there's the rub. You drive a car, but it eventually wears out and you sell it before it becomes that classic. None of the early cars I drove would be titles classics at all.

      Delete
  3. Maisto 1965 Chevy Corvette, Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent choice. A teacher friend of mine had a 67 Corvette in that classic Orange color. That was a sweet ride.

      Delete