Sunday, July 7, 2019

Doppelgänger

I'm not sure I believe in the whole doppelgänger thing or not, but yesterday, my wife and I went out on a walk and was this woman walking her daughter's dog Atlas.  The dog was on "vacation" from New York.  Apparently, this is going to be a regular  feature for Atlas in the near future.  Live the winter months in New York and then spend the summer out in California.

Anyway, as we were walking, we spotted Atlas and I said out loud, "that dog looks just like Rocky."  Rocky was the dog I'd gotten my wife for her birthday the first year we were married.  Half Cocker Spaniel, half Siberian Husky, Rocky was a whirlwind of energy.


I'll let you be the judge on whether you see the doppelgänger thing or not. The photo on the left is Atlas at age 2 and a half.  The photo on the right is Rocky at age 3.  Atlas has at least 30 pounds on Rocky as he is a Alaskan Malamute mix and Rocky was on the small side, but the similarities were very striking.

No comments:

Post a Comment