Friday, May 26, 2023

A Brief Update


For those of you who have been following along on this journey of mine, you should recognize by now that the photo attached to this particular entry means that this entry is about my health. This is a brief update on what's been happening over the past couple of weeks.

Last week I had several procedures done.  Last Wednesday, my nephrostomy tube was removed and then Thursday of last week I had the stent removed. So for the first time since February 10th, I do not have any tubes sticking out of me or inside of me. 

Today, I received the last of 6 doses of my BCG immunotherapy. Now I'm taking a break from that as well, so the summer is free and clear for me.  BCG will probably start up again sometime in August, but for now, I'm done with surgeries and treatments for my condition.  Now it's time for my immune system to take over and wipe out the remaining cancer cells.

So, hopefully, the next post you read on here will be about geocaching.  I have a short little geocaching road trip planned for the first week in June.  The rest of the summer is going to be devoted to visits to our wonderful granddaughter.  I'm really looking forward to it.

16 comments:

  1. Great news! Sounds like you got it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Optimistic is my mantra at the moment.

      Delete
  2. Sounds as though real progress is being made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news of your progress Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia (catsaway9)May 26, 2023 at 4:49 PM

    This all sounds great. I'm sure your positive attitude has helped. Looking forward to more good news when you resume treatment at the end of the summer, but meanwhile, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous news!!! I am so glad you posted this weekend…. It is great news to start off the summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really liking this report, my friend! Wishing you a fabulous summer with that grandbaby of yours and looking forward to future positive updates. As always, thinking about you and praying for you every day. đź’•

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous news and a great way to start the summer months. Enjoy that grand daughter and life to the fullest. -NotableFind

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good, Paul. Many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete