Sunday, August 25, 2019

The Suburban Jungle

Just because you happen to live in suburbia and are hiking/walking on a paved trail, does not mean you need not be watchful of your surroundings.

As I came down the Thompson Creek Trail this morning, about halfway through my morning walk, I spotted a gathering of people, all of whom had their phones out.  Gotta be an unusual animal of some kind.  

Yep.  Just your average Southern Pacific Rattlesnake slithering from one little haven to another, across a cement bridge and then over to another spot where it could hand out for the duration of the day that was promising to get nice and hot.

Here's a link to a YouTube video that I took right after I took this still shot.  The agave plant where the snake eventually took refuge is literally up against someone's back yard wrought iron fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment