Monday, August 5, 2019

June Bugs in July?

We've had lots of June bugs this summer for some reason.  It's probably because we had such a wet winter.  I actually saw a photo today, that said it was a good thing they only eat plants.

Every so often, I like to take photos of insects and creepy crawly things.  Most of the people on Facebook already know this.  I like spiders.  Insects, not so much, mainly because they're pests.  They fly in your face and annoy the heck out of you.  They suck your blood and spread disease. And so I like spiders and bats, because they eat lots of insects.

However, insects do provide many important things for us. They pollinate the flowers we love to smell and they pollinate the flowers of all of our food we eat. We need to be thinking very clearly about bees in the future.  Actually, we need to be acting on bee welfare right now.  We run out of bees, half of our population of people worldwide will probably disappear due to mass starvation.  That's a sobering thought.

And so I leave you with this June bug on some Hydrangea flowers. Yes, I know this post is in August, but I took the photo in late July.

No comments:

Post a Comment