Sunday, July 26, 2020

This is why we can't have nice things

Dear Whoever,

Thank you for wearing a mask at sometime during your trip to the park. But seriously? 

This mask has been lying in the grass for the better part of the last 24 hours. I know, because I walk in this park every single day since I can't go many other places. The photo also shows where it was in relationship to where the trash can is located. You couldn't walk the extra 40 feet or so to deposit your mask there? Apparently not.

OK, so let's now assume that it's one of your children's masks. You didn't notice that your child was missing a mask and go back and try to find it? 

Either way, it's just litter now, well not anymore since I was able to find a small stick, and pick up the mask through the loops with the stick. That added some extra steps to my walk today.

I will give you credit though. At least you were wearing a mask at some time during your visit to the park. It's amazing how many people haven't gotten that simple idea through their thick skulls yet. But, please pay more attention to your mask and your children's masks in the future. This is why we can't have nice things.

Sigh.

And to all of my other friends out there on social media platforms, please wear a mask when you're out in public. I'm getting really tired of this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment